A Mindful Morning Retreat
This workshop is based on the principles of the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Program pioneered by Jon Kabot Zinn in 1979.
Participants will gain insight to general patterns of stress reactivity and cultivate ways to respond more skillfully to stressful situations and therefore reduce the negative impact of stress on their health. The day will start with a viewing of "The Connection" and be followed by mindfulness practice.
In this workshop attendees will learn how to:
- Enhance qualities of self-compassion, stress resilience and awareness
- Practice mindful meditation, eating, and movement
- Apply mindfulness strategies to everyday life situations
- Experience interpersonal mindfulness and mindful listening
Taught by UMass-trained instructor, Jackie Griffin, RN, BSN
- Saturday, April 13, 2019, 9 am - 12 pm
- Saturday, June 8, 2019, 9 am - 12 pm
Open to all levels of experience and abilities