Retro Ski Film Series
Diamond Peak will again host a free Retro Ski Film Series at The Chateau at Incline Village this winter. The Retro Ski Film Series may include brief historical presentations by noted local historians, filmmakers and former employees, followed by screenings of classic ski and snowboard films including five Warren Miller films from the 1970s through 1990s.
Events will begin at 5 p.m. with a brief presentation having to do with the history of skiing in Tahoe, the history of Incline Village, or other related topics. Retro ski films will start at around 5:30 p.m. and run for approximately 90 minutes. The Retro Ski Film Series is a free, family-friendly event series that will take place in the Chateau Ballroom (955 Fairway Drive, Incline Village). The Chateau will offer a no-host bar and popcorn available for purchase at each event.
- Thursday, Feb. 15: Warren Miller’s “Winter People” (1972) + speaker Mark McLaughlin
- Thursday, Feb. 22: Warren Miller’s “In Search of Skiing” (1977) + speaker TBD
- Thursday, Mar. 8: Warren Miller’s “White Winter Heat” (1987) + speaker Mark McLaughlin
- Thursday, Mar. 15: Warren Miller’s “White Winter Heat” (1987) + speaker Richard Antell - "Celebrities of Lake Tahoe's northeast shore"
- Thursday, Mar. 22: Warren Miller’s “Steeper & Deeper” (1992) + speaker Mark McLaughlin - "History of Lake Tahoe and the Comstock"