Watch the sun cast a purple alpenglow onto the Sierras while trekking through Tahoe's peaceful forest. Experience the solitude of winter at this special time of day while learning local natural and human history. Offered every Friday, December-April or by custom arrangement. No experience necessary. Trailheads are based on snow pack and the group's activity level.
- Trip includes: Snowshoes, poles, hot drinks, trail snacks, knowledgeable guides, natural history discussions, and permit fees.
- Typical distance and time: 2-3 miles and time will vary depending on date.
- Level of difficulty: Easy. All abilities welcome age 8 years and up.
- Location: North Shore. Exact location is based on snow conditions and level.
- Cost: $65 per person with a 2 person minimum.
If you are traveling solo, we do our best to join travelers together to create a group. Please email or call to check availability.