Full Moon Snowshoe Tours
Are you looking for a great way to enhance your trip to Lake Tahoe this winter? Join Tahoe Adventure Company for one of our very special Full Moon Treks through the brisk mountain air of Lake Tahoe's pristine forests. After meeting the group and previewing the trip, time will be spent fitting gear and a comprehensive lesson will be covered. You will trek on our easy to use snowshoes through Tahoe's peaceful, wintery forest. As we travel by moonlight, our knowledgeable guides will discuss Natural History and Astronomy topics as well as fascinating facts about our moon. We will also stop along the way to take in the beautiful views and enjoy snacks and hot drinks. This tour is popular with all levels, ages and abilities.
All snowshoe tours are dependent on snow conditions. If the snow level is too low, the tour will proceed as a Full Moon Hike.
Winter 2016-2017 Full Moon Snowshoe Tour Dates and Themes:
- Tuesday, December 13, 2016 ~ Full Cold Moon 4:00-7:00pm
- Thursday, January 12, 2017 ~ Full Wolf Moon 4:30-7:30pm
- Friday, February 10, 2017 ~ Full Snow Moon 4:30-7:30pm
- Saturday, March 11, 2017 ~ Full Worm Moon 5:00-8:00pm
- Sunday, March 12, 2017 ~ Full Worm Moon 6:00-9:00pm
- Monday, April 10, 2017 ~ Full Pink Moon 6:00-9:00pm
Trip includes Snowshoes, poles, hot drinks, trail snacks, knowledgeable guides, natural history discussions, and permit fees.
- Typical Distance and Time: 2-3 miles. See above for times.
- Level of Difficulty: Easy to moderate.
- Location: TBD
- Cost: $65 per person. 4 person minimum. This is a group tour and single travelers are welcome!